What's new

Odd blocking issue on outgoing VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Revelstone77

Regular Contributor
I am experiencing a very odd issue. When using my company laptop, I have to connect to them using Cisco AnyConnect VPN. Connecting is no problem, but i cant access some of the resources. Some work, and others dont. I moved the laptop and plugged directly into my ATT gateway, bypassing my Asus AC86U router and everything works perfectly. I can access everything. I was experiencing the same issues on my AC87U before upgrading. Router confiig was created new when I installed the 86U. Connect back through my router and I am back to some things work and others dont. Doesnt matter if I connect wired or wireless. I disabled AiProtection and rebooted the router, but no help. I'm not doing anything fancy, that i know of, that could cause an issue. Anybody have any ideas? I can post anything that might be needed.

Thanks

What's the MTU you can reach with and without VPN on?
Do you have a PPoE on Asus?
It's been a while since I used AnyConnect...there was a setting in ASA&Concentrator to deal with packets with Don't Fragment bit set.

What's the MTU you can reach with and without VPN on?
Do you have a PPoE on Asus?
It's been a while since I used AnyConnect...there was a setting in ASA&Concentrator to deal with packets with Don't Fragment bit set.
no PPoE
Not sure how to check MTU. in windows it's fixed to 1500 from what i remember. Couldnt change it anyway, those things are locked down by the company. wondering if enabling Jumbo frames might help

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!