What's new

Odd performance issue with Netgear WNDR4500 router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

goldenegg

Regular Contributor
I'm having an odd problem and was wondering if anyone else has seen this type of behavior with a WNDR4500 router.

I have a NAS and media streamer (Sonos) each wired in to the router. My laptop connects wirelessly. If my laptop is downloading from the internet at any speed above 60Mbps, the media streamer and NAS will have severely degraded performance when communicating together (simply streaming music).

As far as I'm concerned, my wireless internet traffic should have no effect on these two wireless devices communicating with one another. It's as if the router can't keep up with the traffic. Replacing the router with an old Airport Extreme resolves this issue entirely.

I opened a case with Netgear support over two weeks ago and still haven't had a response. Has anyone else seen this type of behavior? I've tried messing with various settings on the router, to no avail.

Not that it should matter, but the Sonos device is 100Mbps while the NAS is 1000Mbps.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!