What's new

[Official Beta] AiMesh beta firmware for RT-AC68U/RT-AC86U/RT-AC5300/RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson_Deng

Occasional Visitor
Editor's Update 1/3/2018:
AiMesh has been released for some products. See this post. Discussion thread for the
3.0.0.4.384.10007 release is here

This thread is now closed
============================

Hi Everyone,

Update 12/16

Please download from here,for RT-AC68U(Family), RT-AC1900(Family) RT-AC86U, RT-AC2900, RT-AC3100, RT-AC88U, RT-AC5300 and GT-AC5300
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oqeaAefItZ3zKzuXrngo6rqfYwMhhF_U

Change logs:
1. add client list on nodes.
2. Fix memory leak issues, and leave more computing power on nodes.
3. Fix setup failure with Dual band and Tri-band models.
4. hidden ssid, and smart connect (band steering) improvement.
5. Fix Eth clients ip issues.
6. Few GUI fixes.
7. Download ASUS router App now, it manages AiMesh.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asus.aihome&hl=en
https://itunes.apple.com/app/asus-router/id1033794044?mt=8

Update 11/17

2017/11/17 release AiMesh beta for RT-AC68U, RT-AC86U, RT-AC3100, RT-AC88U, RT-AC5300 and GT-AC5300

Please download from here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1w4v_rEB3d7PIxWk3Gwofdke6dvuZOGa9?usp=sharing

Change log:
1. Fix Bug: RE offline automatically issue.
2. Fix Bug : Use wrong re_path value in RT-AC88U.
3. KRACK patch
4. Refine AiMesh Router search in AP Mode.
5. Refine config sync as triband and dualband connectivity case.
6. Improve performance with AiMesh enabled in RT-AC86U
7. Refine config sync for smart connect in RT-AC86U
8. Refine UI for f/w upgrade and some remind message.
9. Improved stability in AiMesh Router and AiMesh Node connectivity.
10. Refine diagnostic report issue in Feedback.

Notes:
- Tri-band models are now in early beta stage.
- For tri-band model work with dual band model, we recommend to setup dual band model to be AiMesh router(primary) and triband model to be secondary.

Update 11/13

Now we launch the AiMesh official site here:
https://www.asus.com/aimesh/
And all new beta version will be released in this web site.

For TM-AC1900, here are our statement:
TM-AC1900 is T-Mobile certificated product and with different license with ASUS open channel model.
ASUS will not provide any official firmware for TM-AC1900.
Be noted, once TM-AC1900 is flashed to firmware other than T-Mobile certificated firmware, the warranty is expired immediately.

Thanks.

Update 10/12
New version update fro RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U, RT-AC88U Ver:18000-g9564ee7
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByEpTc0fDkeqZGQ2SldEakk3TDg

- Update QIS flow
- add DWDS support
- GUI issue fixes
- add RE manual firmware update, could use direct ip link to update RE firmware manually

Update
(09/22) New beta available today for RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U
- Improve system stability
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByEpTc0fDkeqZ21wbTFCeVZoa2M

(09/15) New beta available today for RT-AC68U, RT-AC86U, RT-AC5300, RT-AC88U.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByEpTc0fDkeqZUR0dGtSR1o0OE0?usp=sharing

And now we make it a official name as AiMesh.

Here are changelogs

For RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U

1. UI
- Change AMAS to AiMesh.
- Change alogorithm for onboarding progress % count.
- Add reset modem page into QIS.
- Add some hint for user when DHCP Server and wireless authentication type changed.
- www: change the position of separating the ssid of wireless bands checkbox.~~~~~
- www: accroding to QIS 3.0 SPEC, divide WAN selection into 2 steps.
- [Update][AiMesh] www : Modify AiMesh naming.
- AiMesh system.
- Cap : AiMesh router.
- Slave : AiMesh node.
2. Enabled Roaming Feature at default setting.
3. New Sync Configuration
- Telnet
- SSH
- Roaming assistant
- Smart Connect
- MAC Filter
- Syslog
4. Auto reset default when onboarding failure.
5. Add renew ip mechanism in RE mode. [Bug#244]
6. Fixed an issue as RE can be onboarded after user login by IPAddress/index.asp.
7. RE can't be search after on-boarding failure by CAP.
8. Other miner bugs fix.

For RT-AC5300, RT-AC88U
First beta release.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is Wilson from ASUSTek, product manager of ASUS networking, and today we are happy to invite all ASUS router users to do AMAS beta test.

AMAS (Temporarily name) is ASUS Multiple Access-Point System, the core feature is to combine ASUS powerful routers to form a whole home coverage WiFi system with centralized control.

By ASUS internal tests, we found single ASUS performance router could provide extreme WiFi coverage for almost every standard house in north America. However, there might still some dead-zones in specific environment(e.g. concrete wall or large yard), so we design a powerful software upgrade for ASUS router buyers, by software upgrading, you can combine more than one ASUS performance routers to form a WiFi system.

When applying AMAS, don’t worry about losing any fancy and advanced features, such as AiProtection, Adaptive QoS…etc. all features will be supported, just the way you are!

Last edited by a moderator:
What models are going to be supported?
RT-AC68U, RT-AC1900P, RT-AC86U will be supported first, and we are planning to
support GT-AC5300, RT-AC5300, RT-AC88U, RT-AC3200 in near future.
Later, RT-AC87U, RT-AC66U series, RT-AC1750, BlueCave, Lyra and DSL-AC68U will join
this family as well.
Notice: For RT-AC87U, early version RT-AC66U (A1), RT-AC3200 will be limited support
with some functions due to chipset vendor limitation.
Very interesting.

I plan build wifi system in new house and i have questions.

1. AC3200 have same chipset like ac68u, so what functions will be limited ?
2. AC87u have quantenna chipset. What function will be limited ?
3. RT-n66u will not be supported? Why ? AC66u have more only ac radio.

Last edited:
You have a statement in the document: "Settings from primary router will be applied to all routers in system. You can also define different SSID for different frequency band".
So my potential second router will use the same 5GHz channel as the primary one? That's far from ideal, actually it will hurt me - to cover my house I have a significant area where my Asus coverage overlaps with the coverage of my old Cisco AP. Using the same channel with clients spread all around the house will make things bad when 1 client per AP is doing lots of traffic. Can you provide some more details?
2nd question - if both devices are using the same channel, what happens when one device detects a radar on DFS channels?

Thank you! Idea sounds really nice to me and I would buy a second router instead of my Cisco AP, but I would like some more details.

Can I connect with asus amas also with other manufacturers which support mesh.

Can I connect with asus amas also with other manufacturers which support mesh.

No, totally different mesh technology.

Not sure if it's because I flashed it onto a AC68p but this firmware bricked my router and made the GUI unresponsive. The recovery console saved me.

My ac68p appeared to be working after the flash. I just couldn't access the GUI even after a reset. The recovery console also saved me.

Very interesting.

I plan build wifi system in new house and i have questions.

1. AC3200 have same chipset like ac68u, so what functions will be limited ?
2. AC87u have quantenna chipset. What function will be limited ?
3. RT-n66u will not be supported? Why ? AC66u have more only ac radio.

Basically, they are different SDKs, and the major effect will be the roaming, old models will be passive roaming

You have a statement in the document: "Settings from primary router will be applied to all routers in system. You can also define different SSID for different frequency band".
So my potential second router will use the same 5GHz channel as the primary one? That's far from ideal, actually it will hurt me - to cover my house I have a significant area where my Asus coverage overlaps with the coverage of my old Cisco AP. Using the same channel with clients spread all around the house will make things bad when 1 client per AP is doing lots of traffic. Can you provide some more details?
2nd question - if both devices are using the same channel, what happens when one device detects a radar on DFS channels?

Thank you! Idea sounds really nice to me and I would buy a second router instead of my Cisco AP, but I would like some more details.

For SSID settings, you could define different for the different band, and the SSID will be applied to AMAS nodes only.

To people having trouble accessing the webui, one of the changes in 382 is that you can no longer access the webui in http over WAN. So if you are remotely accessing your router, make sure you have https enabled, and you use the correct port (default port is 8443).

In my case I had a Cat5e cable hooked up from my laptop to the AC68p and I still could not access the GUI.

I tried to access it using a wired computer, a laptop and with my iPhone. The internet and wifi were working fine just no access to the webui.

I tried to access it using a wired computer, a laptop and with my iPhone. The internet and wifi were working fine just no access to the webui.
Hi

A definition is the extended node will not able to enter web GUI, but the primary should be able to login.
May I know which firmware you updated from?

Tks.

I flashed from 3.0.0.4.380_7743 and this was on my primary router. I wasn't able to access the gui after flashing or after a factory reset.

I flashed from 3.0.0.4.380_7743 and this was on my primary router. I wasn't able to access the gui after flashing or after a factory reset.
Internal checked, it might relate to default gateway IP change, by updating and reset, default ip address will be 192.168.50.1, you can use router.asus.com to login.

Still cannot access the GUI using 192.168.50.1 or router.asus.com Pull this firmware, it's garbage.

Still cannot access the GUI using 192.168.50.1 or router.asus.com Pull this firmware, it's garbage.

Hi cmillar6,
I try to duplicate the problem in my side, but i can't duplicated. Could you try to reset default your RT-AC68P by push button ?

thanks

Hi cmillar6,
I try to duplicate the problem in my side, but i can't duplicated. Could you try to reset default your RT-AC68P by push button ?

thanks

Yes, I reset it several times. I even tried setting a static IP address of 192.168.1.10 on my laptop hardwired to the AC68p and it still won't connect to the GUI. It appears to broadcast the default Asus and Asus 5g SSID's and when I connect to one of them with my laptop I still cannot access the GUI.

Yes, I reset it several times. I even tried setting a static IP address of 192.168.1.10 on my laptop hardwired to the AC68p and it still won't connect to the GUI. It appears to broadcast the default Asus and Asus 5g SSID's and when I connect to one of them with my laptop I still cannot access the GUI.

Hi cmillar6,
I can duplicated and try to fixing now. I will tell you how to recovery your 68P.

Kindly Regards,
Arthur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!