What's new

[Official Beta release] Lyra series AiMesh beta support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wilson_Deng

Occasional Visitor
Hi Everyone,

This is the 1st beta release of Lyra series models for AiMesh support.

Release note:
- First beta release (based on 9.0.0.4.384 branch)
- Work with all ASUS models with AiMesh supported.
- Lyra series covered: Lyra(MAP-AC2200), Lyra mini(MAP-AC1300), Lyra Trio(MAP-AC1750)
- Please follow the firmware update SOP in the link. (Please make sure factory reset after updating)

Known issues:
- Roaming will be a limited support function currently on Lyra Trio.
- The beta version could run one of AiMesh mode or WiFi-SON mode, they cannot be ran together.
- If you want to flash back to normal Lyra firmware, please follow the SOP again and download firmware from official site.

Firmware download link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MNZaImyXxk_GfWCLgw_Th6xexogETIQx?usp=sharing

Does this beta firmware support Ethernet backhaul with AiMesh? I could get backhaul working with standard Lyra firmware, but after flashing to this beta firmware and connecting the nodes to my AiMesh network, backhaul does not seem to work at all.

Unsticking this post, since official non-beta firmware is now available for Lyra.

Has any one tried Lyra with other AI Mesh compatible routers? I have an Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 as my main router and an Asus RT-AC86U running in AIMesh mode as an access point, connected using wifi backhaul. I'd like to add in additional access points, over wifi backhaul, and possibly replace the AC86U with a Lyra tri-band access point which I'd hope would give 5Ghz backhaul and a separate 5Ghz band back to the GT-AC5300. I am consider a three pack Lyra AC2200 to achieve this.

Will this do as I hope?

Has any one tried Lyra with other AI Mesh compatible routers? I have an Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 as my main router and an Asus RT-AC86U running in AIMesh mode as an access point, connected using wifi backhaul. I'd like to add in additional access points, over wifi backhaul, and possibly replace the AC86U with a Lyra tri-band access point which I'd hope would give 5Ghz backhaul and a separate 5Ghz band back to the GT-AC5300. I am consider a three pack Lyra AC2200 to achieve this.

Will this do as I hope?

See https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rog-rapture-gt-ac5300-owners.38794/page-106#post-462653

OE

Will this do as I hope?

- I've tried with one RT-AC88U on firmware 3.0.0.4.384.45149 and three Lyra-minis on firmware 3.0.0.4_384_45152.
- Ethernet backhaul like this: 88U LAN port to Lyra1 second port. Lyra1 First port to dumbswitch. Dumbswitch to second port on Lyra2 and Lyra3. Works fine for maybe 5-6 days, then everything freezes. Wife and 5 kids not very impressed.
- I had to reverse the lyra-minis to firmware 3.0.0.4.382.11600 which is the ONLY firmwarerelease that doesnt't give problems when connected to ethernet backhaul, and set them up as AP's with same SSID as 88U. This works OK, for now.
- Rather dissapointed, and eagerly waiting for new firmware release to rectify the issues. Looks like ASUS is in no rush, as last FW (and the only one to support AIMesh) was released in november 2018!

Their product line management is a freaking joke. the Lyra itself wasn't even stable and the software features full of bugs (aiProtect stops working, parental controls don't work, hostnames are listed like "anonymous", "apple", etc despite having DHCP hostnames). Then they throw in this half-baked aiMesh stuff on top of it. I've been waiting for firmware that just fixes the bugs, let alone introduces new features. So disappointed. Should have gone with velop or orbi

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!