What's new

[Official Beta release] RT-AX88U WAN Aggregation supported FW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you for sharing this but can you provide any evidence of the authenticity of this file? Would you be willing to prove that you are an ASUSTek employee, at least to this site's administration staff?

Hi all,

This is Paige, colleague of Wilson D. and Arthur L., from ASUSTek.
Here is the RT-AX88U beta FW(based on 9.0.0.4.384 branch) supporting WAN Aggregation.
For 1st time users, you can set up WAN Aggregation by following the steps in the setup SOP document.

Beta FW and setup SOP download link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DHnFgHGtQ180CVDLV8hLUrLVfoNc1_M3

Thanks.

My ISP require all packets to be tagged with VLAN 35, will this firmware tag all internet packets with VLAN 35 on both interference or just main internet port on router?

Thank you for sharing this but can you provide any evidence of the authenticity of this file? Would you be willing to prove that you are an ASUSTek employee, at least to this site's administration staff?

Hi,
Thanks for reply. Please refer to the attached my business card.
If encountering any issues when testing, please let us know.

Attachments

• ASUSTek_Paige.jpg
    ASUSTek_Paige.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,168
My ISP require all packets to be tagged with VLAN 35, will this firmware tag all internet packets with VLAN 35 on both interference or just main internet port on router?

Hi
I've forwarded this to RD. Will get you back soon.

lol, I never sawWAN aggregation being mentioned in ASUS's marketing materials for AX routers, is that why you are going under the table to share it with users? Too much trouble getting this release via official channels?

lol, I never sawWAN aggregation being mentioned in ASUS's marketing materials for AX routers, is that why you are going under the table to share it with users? Too much trouble getting this release via official channels?

Asus has frequently added new features to already released routers (AiMesh is the most recent example), nothing to do with existing marketing material there. They are simply providing a beta release for test purposes before determining if it works well enough to add to the official firmware. Once (and if) they do, it will probably be added to the marketing information for targeted models.

Comcast just updated the Arris SB8200 firmware. The web interface has a new Advanced tab where Link Aggregation can be enabled.
Code:
Link Aggregation Configuration

NOTE: Ethernet Link Aggregation applies to various methods of combining (aggregating) multiple network connections in parallel in order to increase throughput beyond what a single connection could sustain, and to provide redundancy in case one of the links should fail.

Enable LAG

Asus has frequently added new features to already released routers (AiMesh is the most recent example), nothing to do with existing marketing material there. They are simply providing a beta release for test purposes before determining if it works well enough to add to the official firmware. Once (and if) they do, it will probably be added to the marketing information for targeted models.
Now it make a no brainer for me between NETGEAR AX8 and AX88U since they will all support WAN aggregation and I am very excited because I recently bought a NETGEAR CM1100 that supports link aggregation! Do you know if WAN aggregation will come to AX11000?

Unsticking since the feature is now available in a public release.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!