1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.20308 for All Supported Products

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by arthurlien, Feb 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. arthurlien

arthurlien Very Senior Member

Version 3.0.0.4.384.203082018/02/0145.7 MBytes

ASUS Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20308
    Bug fix
    - Fixed GUI error on firmware update page.
    The progress bar may always appear on firmware upgrade page after installed 3.0.0.4.384.20287.
    If your router had this issue, you can manually reboot the router to solve this issue and enter the firmware upgrade page to install the latest firmware. Riden of NCC Group)

VANT, visortgw, LimJK and 1 other person like this.
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. scjr

scjr Senior Member

No AiMesh here yet, but firmware is running great. I used the check for upgrade in router and install was smooth. Thanks @arthurlien for being so active here. Much appreciated.

4. Logi

Logi Regular Contributor

same here, smooth upgrade, FW running great on my RT-AC5300

5. Richard Li

Richard Li Regular Contributor

I will do the upgrade when I get back home. But seems this version only fixed the upgrade UI, still waiting for MAC address filtering and unexpected disconnection of STA fixes.

6. indark

indark Regular Contributor

What is the Ai-Protection Signature Version?
    After I re-initialize my main router, it's now 1.008, and it was 2054 before I reinitialize the router (if i remember correctly, I this merlin's had this issue due to the change of update channel? or typo? on the closed source ai-protection module).

Untitled.png
    and these 2 message flood the logs
    Feb 2 01:16:35 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3363] qos_wan or qos_lan is NULL, plz fix it!!!
    Feb 2 01:16:35 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!

solved by power cycle it and reset, maybe reinitialize button was the issue?

Also, I still encounter the firmware update page, but it might or might not happen on next firmware update.

here was the steps that I update my router, was done this way because I had to reboot my router due to other reason.

1. update 3100 via the auto update page after reboot. at this point, 3100 was the only one available.

2. after update, both 3100 and my 68u was both available @ firmware update page. 3100 was 20308 while 68u was still 10007. I then use the check firmware page, and did it couple time. Everything seem to be normal at this point. I no longer encounter the issue.

3. I then proceed to use the fireware update button to test the aimesh ability to push the firmware to the node.
    it works as expected.

Then I encounter the firmware updating page, I did a reboot and it no longer have the problem.

I decided to still make note on this because it might still happening after updating firmware.

that's when I decided to reinitialize my router.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  7. LimJK

LimJK Regular Contributor

Small Bug on WPS Setting

My AiMesh Devices is as below on my Signature.

Using Wireless Explorer on Mac, I observed the following behaviour for WPS Settings

(1) AiMesh Router: RT-AC5300
    • WPS On / Off works as expected for All 3 Channels 2.4 GHz, 5.0 GHz (low), 5.0 GHz (high)
    (2) AiMesh Nodes: RT-AC86U
    • WPS On / Off has no effect
    • WPS on 2.4GHz Channel is always ON
    • WPS on 5.0GHz Channel is always OFF
    PS: I am aware that WPS has to be turn on when searching of AiMesh Node, I am turning off only after searching. It was reported in earlier firmware.

8. bones5050

bones5050 Occasional Visitor

Anyone else having problems accessing NAS devices with this new update? I have two NAS devices I can access via their IP address to get to the admin pages, but can access the shared folders. This is a new issue with the latest firmware. I've tries rebooting my router and various PCs but no luck...

I'm running 3.0.0.4.384_20308 on a RT-AC88U in AIMesh mode with a RT-AC66UB1 runnibg 3.0.0.4.384_20308 as a node...

Really odd.

9. Ken Atkinson

Ken Atkinson Occasional Visitor

No issues here also using AC88U mesh and AC66U node have Netgear NAS working fine . presume you meant to say you couldn't access shared folders?

10. apotts

apotts Occasional Visitor

Bones, I had this - my Kaspersky AV for some reason saw the network as a new network (after firmware fiddling), and set the network to public without telling me. No NAS drives.

Went into Kaspersky, Settings, Protection, Firewall, Networks: ensure the network is "Local".

11. bones5050

bones5050 Occasional Visitor

Thanks apotts

BitDefender was the culprit. They came out with a new version that includes VPN and it installed a loopback network adapter that was causing the problem.

12. bbunge

bbunge Senior Member

I reset my AC66U B1 to factory defaults with the WPS button. Set the WiFi and log in info and was into the web gui. Changed the time server clicked ok and the log in screen came up but would not let me log back in with the user and password i had entered. Tried the above three more times with the same results. Finally was able to use a saved settings file which allowed me to log back in!

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

13. Locoblade

Locoblade Occasional Visitor

Generally running well on my AC86U and AC66U-B1 with the latter accepted as an AiMesh Node for the first time.

The only bug I've spotted is one I had in 10007 where if you edit a device in the device list sidebar (to modify the device icon etc), about 50% of the time it crashes the console session and I have to log back in to continue.

sol1109 likes this.
  14. DummyPLUG

DummyPLUG Regular Contributor

3 RT-AC68U update by firmware update button, but only the main and one of the node finish update, when I check firmware again it say that node which is on 20287 is latest firmware, reboot didn't fix it, at last I need to manually install the firmware for that node.

15. Adam

Adam New Around Here

I've upgraded my 3x RT-AC68U setup via the single upgrade button (20287 -> 20308) in the web GUI. I had to reboot the 2 nodes manually because after the upgrade they wouldn't let any other wireless clients to authenticate. Both nodes are connected via ethernet cable and priority is set to wired.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  16. hotsauce2007

hotsauce2007 Regular Contributor

Hi

Where is the IFTTT section to enable and get the code?

17. rbdan

rbdan Occasional Visitor

Hey guys quick question.

I just setup AIMESH should I turn off Roaming assist that I had on and set at -70 for the base and AP mode I had before?

Thanks
    Dan

18. RandomName23

RandomName23 Regular Contributor

No, roaming assist is an integral part of aimesh if I'm not mistaken.

TonyRI likes this.
  19. rbdan

rbdan Occasional Visitor

Thanks, I will turn it back on until I hear otherwise.

Dan

20. visortgw

visortgw Senior Member

Correct!

21. rbdan

rbdan Occasional Visitor

Thank you for the verification!

Dan

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!