What's new

[Official] RT-AC56U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9135

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fedez16

Occasional Visitor
ASUS RT-AC56U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9135
- Release Note -

Security Fixes
- Updated TrendMicro security engine.
- Fixed CVE-2015-6949 buffer overflow issue, special thanks for Elvis Collado at Praetorian.
- Fixed Web server Accept-Language buffer overflow, special thanks for Elvis Collado at DVLabs.
- Fixed Web server URL handler buffer overflow, special thanks for Elvis Collado at DVLabs.
- Enhanced router login password and wireless password(WPA2) strength check method to against brute-force attack.
- Reject administrator to set too easy to guess login and wireless password to avoid brute-force attack.

New Features
- Time scheduling, Web & App filter, Wireless MAC filter client drop down menu can show offline devices.

Modifications
- Added Meo and Movistar ISP profile.
- Adjusted Guest network mac filter maximum client number to 16
- Allow paste password on login page to fulfil some password management softwares requirement.
- Show current control channel while value is auto.
- Bandwidth limiter can accept decimal point.
- Unnecessary to reboot router after set allow only spcified IP address to enter GUI.
- Adaptive QoS can now be enabled without assigned upload/ download bandwidth.

Fixes
- Fixed setup wizard IE11 compatibility issue.
- Fixed Adaptive QoS game mode GUI issue.
- Fixed Traffic Analyzer GUI issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN connection status display error.

http://support.asus.com/download.as...C56U&p=11&s=2&os=30&hashedid=ejvcVtFQNPxjVH5w

Last edited:
I have an RT-AC56R running the previous version. When I check for updates the UI says my router is running the latest version. Shouldn't the router be installing this version instead? I was under the impression the RT-AC56U and RT-AC56R were identical. Thanks.

I have an RT-AC56R running the previous version. When I check for updates the UI says my router is running the latest version. Shouldn't the router be installing this version instead? I was under the impression the RT-AC56U and RT-AC56R were identical. Thanks.

Asus didn't update their liveupdate server.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!