What's new

[Official] RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9135

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

S.St-Pierre

New Around Here
ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9135
- Release Note -

Security Fixes
- Updated OpenSSL library to 1.0.2d
- Fixed CVE-2015-6949 buffer overflow issue, special thanks for Elvis Collado at DVLabs.
- Fixed Web server Accept-Language buffer overflow, special thanks for Elvis Collado at Praetorian.
- Fixed Web server URL handler buffer overflow, special thanks for Elvis Collado at Praetorian.
- Fixed CSRF and XSS vulnerability.
- Enhanced router login password and wireless password(WPA2) strength check method to against brute-force attack.
- Reject administrator to set too easy to guess login and wireless password to avoid brute-force attack.

New Features
- Added Bandwidth Limiter in QoS. Let administrator easily limit specific client's upload/ download bandwidth
- Independent mac filter for main wireless network and guest network. Administrator can set white list for main wireless network to only allow trust client connect to main wireless network and share network to guest with guest network
- Modified the network map client status. When chick the client icon, administrator can bind IP, change host name, change icon, block internet access or set time scheduling.
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.
- Time scheduling, Wireless MAC filter client drop down menu can show offline devices.
- [AiCloud] Show image EXIF info on image player
- [AiCloud] Auto rotate image on image player.
- [AiCloud] Files can be moved and copied.
- [AiCloud] Images can be uploaded to Picasa or Twitter.
- [AiCloud] Share link can be posted on Twitter, Plurk, weibo and QQ in AiCloud.
- [AiCloud] AiCloud can be used in AP/ media bridge mode.
- Added 3G/4G USB modem APN auto detection feature. In most cases, firmware can automatically find the ISP profile and establish link when 3G/4G dongle inserted to router.
- Added Android phone in USB modem/ USB Tethering --> Select USB device.

Modifications
- Added Meo and Movistar ISP profile.
- Adjusted Guest network mac filter maximum client number to 16
- Allow paste password on login page to fulfil some password management softwares requirement.
- Show current control channel while value is auto.
- Bandwidth limiter can accept decimal point.
- Unnecessary to reboot router after set allow only spcified IP address to enter GUI.
- Changed warning page style.
- Changed Cloud sync Dropbox URL encoding from UTF8 to BASE64.

Fixes
- Fixed setup wizard IE11 compatibility issue.
- Fixed Adaptive QoS game mode GUI issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN connection status display error.
- Fixed MAC clone abnormal issue
- Fixed cloud sync issues between router and ASUS webstorage.
- Fixed share link related issue to Android devices.
- Fixed web redirection issue when WAN IP conflicted.
- Fixed compatibility issues for IE8
- Fixed GUI related issues
- Fixed login issue when router’s IP is 10.x.x.x
- Fixed parental control-> time scheduling related issue.
- Fixed adaptive QoS device priority label dragging issue.
- Fixed network tool related issues.
- Fixed USB HDD issue when using time machine.
- Fixed network map UI issue when selected French.
- Fixed the saving issue in OpenVPN server -> content modification of keys & certification.
- Fixed dropdown UI offset issue at Parental control.

Download: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC66U/FW_RT_AC66U_30043789135.zip

There's nothing for RT-AC56U, beta or stable. Actually I haven't seen ANYTHING firmware related for this model for 2 months now.

It would help greatly if you cleaned up the SUBJECT line to be more specific, opposed to a generic "new firmware released" title................

and what about some update for N routers? o_O

Patience. They can't update 32 different models within a week.

That's the price to pay for having the manufacturer support so many different models for so long.

They did update the RT-N18U too, BTW.

latest for RT-N56U available is from april, so quite a long time :D

Considering this model is 5 years old, having any update at all this year is already impressive. The norm with most manufacturers is to stop issuing updates after 2 or 3 years.

They are spending a lot of time working on Broadcom-based models lately, so I would expect those Ralink-based models to be updated less frequently, especially considering their age (they require separate work from the rest).

The biggest hurdle with this model is the fact it's a Ralink model, not that it's an N model.

There are 2 different support page in both Router Firmware Upgrade page.

This support web page are from AsusWrt rmerlin firmware.
Asus_WRT_Merlin_Firmware_Support_page.jpg

Link: http://support.asus.com/ServiceHome.aspx?SLanguage=en

The other web page are from Asus firmware.
Asus_Firmware_Support_page.jpg

Link: http://www.asus.com/support/

The First one was updated before the Asus firmware link. it's from this link http://support.asus.com/ServiceHome.aspx?SLanguage=en I fond this new firmware Version 3.0.0.4.378.9135 there. The other web page was still not updated.

Last edited:
I see, I was always checking the official product page and going to the support section from there. Anyway I have to wait for Merlin to update his code and he has to wait for ASUS to release said code, as I need his firmware due to the customizations I use.

This firmware the 3.0.0.4.378_9135 is the latest firmware from Asus. it's not base on Merlin firmware, the latest from Merlin is the 378.55 based on the *3.0.0.4.378_4980. Merlin is presently working on a new firmware the 378.56 beta 1, but I don't know on which Asus firmware it's based.

*http://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/features

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!