What's new

[Official] RT-AC68U firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.8258

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

msb

Regular Contributor
ASUS RT-AC68P firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.8258
- Release Note -
Security fixes
- Updated OpenSSL library to 1.0.2d
- Fixed CSRF and XSS vulnerability.

New features
- [AiCloud] Show image EXIF info on image player
- [AiCloud] Auto rotate image on image player.
- [AiCloud] Files can be moved and copied.
- [AiCloud] Images can be uploaded to Picasa or Twitter.
- [AiCloud] Share link can be posted on Twitter, Plurk, weibo and QQ in AiCloud.
- [AiCloud] AiCloud can be used in AP/ media bridge mode.
- Added 3G/4G USB modem APN auto detection feature. In most cases, firmware can automatically find the ISP profile and establish link when 3G/4G dongle inserted to router.
- Added Android phone in USB modem/ USB Tethering --> Select USB device.
- Bandwidth Limiter in Adaptive QoS --> QoS. Let administrator easily limit specific client's upload/ download bandwidth
- Independent mac filter for main wireless network and guest network. Administrator can set white list for main wireless network to only allow trust client connect to main wireless network and share network to guest with guest network
- Modified the network map client status. When click the client icon, administrator can bind IP, change host name, change icon, block internet access or set time scheduling.
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.
- Added the question feedback in Administration -> Feedback
- Added new DDNS provider www.oray.com

Modifications
- Changed warning page style.
- Changed Cloud sync Dropbox URL encoding from UTF8 to BASE64.
- Added stateful server in IPv6
- Improved media server response time when new file added.
- Adjusted Adaptive QoS UI and easier to set top priority for gaming, media streaming or web surfing.

Bug fixes
- Fixed MAC clone abnormal issue
- Fixed cloud sync issues between router and ASUS webstorage.
- Fixed share link related issue to Android devices.
- Fixed web redirection issue when WAN IP conflicted.
- Fixed compatibility issues for IE8
- Fixed GUI related issues
- Fixed login issue when router’s IP is 10.x.x.x
- Fixed parental control-> time scheduling related issue.
- Fixed adaptive QoS device priority label dragging issue.
- Fixed network tool related issues.
- Fixed USB HDD issue when using time machine.
- Fixed network map UI issue when selected French.
- Fixed the saving issue in OpenVPN server -> content modification of keys & certification.
- Fixed dropdown UI offset issue at Parental control.

I have been running the beta for a while with no issues at all. Flashed to this now and it seems fine so far (it's probably the same).

Just flashed to this one... Unlike the past several firmware updates, my 4G dongle reconnected immediately:).

I guess these changes worked!
- Added 3G/4G USB modem APN auto detection feature. In most cases, firmware can automatically find the ISP profile and establish link when 3G/4G dongle inserted to router

Now, I can even adjust the MTU... This makes my life much better-no more fragmentation!

They look to have removed the new traffic monitoring feature in this build, I wonder why. I like the new features added to the client list.

They look to have removed the new traffic monitoring feature in this build, I wonder why. I like the new features added to the client list.
What new traffic monitoring feature? Traffic analyzer? Are you talking about the Client view list in Network map?

What USB modem do you have? I have a Pantech ULM 295 on Verizon Wireless, but only a few of the firmware updates work with it. ASUS RT-AC68P firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.8258 detects the the modem, but does not make an internet connection. I have reset the router after doing the firmware update, and still no luck. I had to go back to ASUS RT-AC68R Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4585.

Are you doing anything in particular to get the RT-AC68P to detect the Internet connection? The Pantech ULM 295 works fine when I plug it in directly to my PC.

Last edited:
I have a weird bug / problem. The Network map client list will not display my IPad Air. The iPad works OK online and when I display connection details on the iPad they are all correct. I can only get the iPad to connect on the 5GHz wireless. The 2.4G wireless is OK. I have a dual band win 10 wireless device which connects OK to both bands. Suggestions welcome. For the moment it has me stuffed.

I like the way I can now name my manual DHCP assignments. Also able to block individual devices from the internet. Getting better ASUS.