What's new

OHLUX 900 Lumen Smart Bulb

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ds5686920

Regular Contributor
I have installed these bulbs https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086SVWN3T/?tag=snbforums-20. I installed an additional AP over MoCA so good signal strength for all IoT. However, my kitchen light that has 3 bulbs continues to malfunction when I change the color and lower brightness. I confirm these bulbs continue to connect to the loft AP instead of the living room AP (tested with MacBook OK). I have went thru EZ setup (ON/OFF x2 then ON). The best I did was 2 of 3 lights connected to the living room but the 3rd light still was problem. Bulbs main module and MCU is at v1.6.1. Anyone have experience with these bulbs? The other bulbs with good signal work well.

I got all the kitchen bulbs to connected to Living room AP. by turning off Loft AP 2.5 GHz band and setting up again. However, the signal reported in SmartLife App is still poor, Being a newbie I wondering about smart bulb antenna design. My bulbs seem very touchy to orientation and obviously do not have a good antenna design (OHLUX). I would think one could place a thin antenna inside the bulb cover. Are think glass covered fixtures especially bad for smart bulbs?

Last edited:
My bulbs seem very touchy to orientation and obviously do not have a good antenna design (OHLUX). I would think a one could place a thin antenna inside the bulb cover. Are think glass covered fixtures especially bad for smart bulbs?

There's no place to add an antenna to the RF module.

The module is based on the espressif ESP8266 chipset, there's some known issues with Airtime Fairness, so if your AP has the ability to disable that...

ohlux900_ccb.jpg

IMHO - this is a poorly designed board, as there is no separation between the high voltage side (mains) and the low voltage side for the module and LED's

But with Amazon, well, get lucky sometimes...

By slightly unscrewing each bulb I was able to achieve a good signal for all three bulbs by repositioning the RF board.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!