What's new

OK to set wl_user_rssi higher than -70?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RocketJSquirrel

[Apologies for this repeat post. My original post accidentally got deleted before I got any replies.]

The GUI on the RT-N66U which handles the Roaming Assistant constrains the signal strength threshold for dropping clients to the range of -90 to -70 dB RSSI .

I would like to set the threshold to -68 because of the actual signal levels in my house.

Is it OK to use the command line to nvram set wl_user_rssi to a number greater than -70, or will that break something? And do I need to set wl0_user_rssi as well?

This is an RT-N66u running 3.0.0.4.374.39_0-em.

[Apologies for this repeat post. My original post accidentally got deleted before I got any replies.]

The GUI on the RT-N66U which handles the Roaming Assistant constrains the signal strength threshold for dropping clients to the range of -90 to -70 dB RSSI .

I would like to set the threshold to -68 because of the actual signal levels in my house.

Is it OK to use the command line to nvram set wl_user_rssi to a number greater than -70, or will that break something? And do I need to set wl0_user_rssi as well?

This is an RT-N66u running 3.0.0.4.374.39_0-em.

wl0 is 2.4 GHz, wl1 is 5 GHz. wl is only a placeholder used by the webui when it writes the options the user entered on the webpage, it then gets copied to the appropriate instance after applying settings.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!