What's new

Old laptop connect to AX88U but no internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spartan

I have an RT-AX88U which is running great and I've added my VPN to it in the VPN client section. I can connect to it just fine from my Alienware Area-51m laptop and my Google Pixel 4 but when I connect my 6 year old Dell Vostro laptop which is using an Intel 7260 Wireless card, it connects but no internet. I tried rebooting the router but no luck

Any ideas?

Is your Intel driver up-to-date?
According to their website, the latest version is 21.10.1 from 21 May 2019 (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-for-Intel-Wireless-7260-Family?product=75439), so its quite old.
Also, the 7260 is "End of Life", so this may have some bearing on your problem.
Until I installed an AX200 card in my Zenbook, I had a 7265D, which although not EoL is still an antique ... but it worked perfectly with my TP-Link AX11000.

Is your Intel driver up-to-date?
According to their website, the latest version is 21.10.1 from 21 May 2019 (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-for-Intel-Wireless-7260-Family?product=75439), so its quite old.
Also, the 7260 is "End of Life", so this may have some bearing on your problem.
Until I installed an AX200 card in my Zenbook, I had a 7265D, which although not EoL is still an antique ... but it worked perfectly with my TP-Link AX11000.
I realize that. The driver version is 18.33.17.1

Gonna try that new driver and report back

Edit: Nevermind, the 21.10.1 installer actually installs driver v18.33.17.1 so I guess it won't work. Just wanted to make sure nothing is wrong with the router as I don't care for this laptop it's used downstairs on another router.

Last edited:
With a card this old, I would definitely doubt the router being the problem.
You could try an AX200, costs peanuts.
Bought mine on Aliexpress.

With a card this old, I would definitely doubt the router being the problem.
You could try an AX200, costs peanuts.
Bought mine on Aliexpress.
Right, so I installed an old Killer 1202 card in that laptop and now it works fine :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!