What's new

On-router NTP server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vrapp

I noticed that the clock on the router was 3 minutes off; but on all home devices the time was accurate, despite the fact that on the router both "enable local NTP server" and "intercept local NTP requests" were enabled. So it looks like it did not intercept anything.

What router? What firmware version? How long has the network been 'up'?

What router? What firmware version? How long has the network been 'up'?
AC68P, 384.19. The router is scheduled to restart twice a week, last time restarted yesterday.

I looked into it little further, and I think the problem is in the way router's webpage "System Log/General Log" is showing current time, which is what I was looking at. Apparently the page is fetching router's current time only once, when it loads, but the further real-time incrementing is coded by a script. The problem here is that if I switch in browser (Chrome) to another tab, the script is probably stopped, so when I later return to the tab with router's UI, the clock is behind by the time I was away. Refreshing the page gets it back in sync with the router's time, which is accurate, but until then nothing tells you that the displayed system time is off.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!