What's new

Only 1 HDD Not recognized on router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mddamon

New Around Here
Hello,

I have 2 10tb desktops hard drives and various other portable hdd's but for some reason only one of the 10TB drives are undetected on my network when I plug it in to my router. Ive formatted it to NTFS and all of the permissions are equal to the others but for some reason it still wont appear.

I've already done a lot of copying to this HDD so re-formatting is the last thing I want to attempt so if anybody knows any troubleshooting that would be lovely.

Thank you.

Hello,

I have 2 10tb desktops hard drives and various other portable hdd's but for some reason only one of the 10TB drives are undetected on my network when I plug it in to my router. Ive formatted it to NTFS and all of the permissions are equal to the others but for some reason it still wont appear.

I've already done a lot of copying to this HDD so re-formatting is the last thing I want to attempt so if anybody knows any troubleshooting that would be lovely.

Thank you.
Format that HDD with NTFS, Cluster Size: 8kb or 16kb.

Format that HDD with NTFS, Cluster Size: 8kb or 16kb.
So I did format it and it seems like 64k was the max cluster size the router could handle. I take 80mb photos on a 10tb HDD, would changing to a certain cluster improve? It seems like the copying speed went from 100mb/sec to 50mb/sec after i formatted it.

So I did format it and it seems like 64k was the max cluster size the router could handle. I take 80mb photos on a 10tb HDD, would changing to a certain cluster improve? It seems like the copying speed went from 100mb/sec to 50mb/sec after i formatted it.
So my solution works right? Stay with 8kb if it works for you.

So my solution works right? Stay with 8kb if it works for you.
I figured formatting would work - i just wanted to avoid it because I already moved so many things. I set the allocation to everything in between 4kb and 64kb and the write speed was halved but I guess I will have to work with it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!