What's new

Only one SSID with strong rules...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

csbalogh

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
I would like to test something. I would have only one SSID (name: Home). The Home can be accessed without password, so it would be not only my network but my Guest network too.
But. If my devices want to connect, then they can not only access the Internet, but access each other (Chromcast, NAS), but, the Guest devices can only access the Internet.
I hope you understand what I mean.
Why? In this case, I don't have to wait for the Guest network solution in the Beta firmware (3x RT-AX58U AiMesh), because I would use them with only one SSID.
What do you think?

Csaba

Hello,
I would like to test something. I would have only one SSID (name: Home). The Home can be accessed without password, so it would be not only my network but my Guest network too.
But. If my devices want to connect, then they can not only access the Internet, but access each other (Chromcast, NAS), but, the Guest devices can only access the Internet.
I hope you understand what I mean.
Why? In this case, I don't have to wait for the Guest network solution in the Beta firmware (3x RT-AX58U AiMesh), because I would use them with only one SSID.
What do you think?

Csaba

What are these "strong rules" that will keep rogue actors off your network and Internet connection, and keep untrusted wireless clients from accessing your LAN and WLAN resources?

OE

Uhm, I don't know where to start... :(

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!