What's new

OP update to locked 'Move from N66U to AC86U or AX68U or AX86U?'

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ggeinec

Occasional Visitor
Moderator - Please remove this post at your discretion.

Sorry for not following up on this thread. Life got in the way and I forgot about it.

I replaced my N66U with the AC86U I bought in 2018 as most who participated in the thread recommended.

Initial setup was a little bumpy but once I got it up and configured using the install notes from @L&LD and @OzarkEdge everything has been fine. I had to restart it one time when the 2.4GHz band got funky. When it came back up I changed the channel setting from auto to one of the lesser used channels in this complex. That appears to have been fixed the problem.

As some of you said, the AC86U is a beast compared to the N66U and I am quite pleased with it. I now get a strong signal on the 5 GHz band in places where the 2.4 GHz band used to drop out with the N66U. And of course the step up to AC from N makes a huge difference. :)

Thanks!

Moderator - Please remove this post at your discretion.

That should not be necessary... you have recovered control of your plane nicely!

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!