What's new

Open a web page hosted on the server's WAN IP address when connected to its vpn?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

m33ts4k0z

Regular Contributor
Hello,

I'm having a stupid question regarding the ability to access a website hosted on the server which also hosts the OpenVPN server using the subdomain assigned to its WAN IP address.

So im connecting to an openVPN server hosted on my AC88U router and route all traffic through the tunnel. Everything works as expected, I can open the remote shares using their 192.xxx addresses as well as I can ping both the 10.xxx and 192.xxx addresses. Internet works fine as well. However I'm having some websites running on my Synology NAS. The NAS is behind the router and I can access its local 192.xxx IP normally as well as open all its shares. The websites are all hosted on the same WAN IP but I open them using their subdomains instead. When I try to open them while connected to the VPN, return an error, also when I try to SSH while connected to to VPN returns connection refused.

I understand that the problem is that I'm also sharing the same WAN IP and the computer maybe tries to connect to itself or is it an iptables config issue?

Thanks in advance