What's new

Open nat

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GamerWithGlasses

New Around Here
Is open nat possible on my Asus rt-ac3200 with latest Merlin?

I am using frets ipv6 and those test pass, opened up port forwarding for Xbox live. Set aside an static up on the dhcp server setting for the Computer. Upnp is on. But no matter what, I am getting strict NAT on windows 10 xbox gaming services.

Dont know what else to try.

If not, is there a router that does support full cone for open nat?

Is open nat possible on my Asus rt-ac3200 with latest Merlin?

I am using frets ipv6 and those test pass, opened up port forwarding for Xbox live. Set aside an static up on the dhcp server setting for the Computer. Upnp is on. But no matter what, I am getting strict NAT on windows 10 xbox gaming services.

Dont know what else to try.

If not, is there a router that does support full cone for open nat?
there should be an option to hit fix and it should change that

also full cone nat is on the ac 86u and the ax 88u

Thank you for this. I know RMerlin doesn't feel Full Cone is needed but as a multi xBox One household - Full Cone saves my marriage lol. 2 Xbox One's with Secure NAT will work fine for some games, but other games you will NEVER get both connected without Full Cone. Glad to see some newer routers finding the option again!

AX88U is in my near future.

Thank you for this. I know RMerlin doesn't feel Full Cone is needed but as a multi xBox One household - Full Cone saves my marriage lol. 2 Xbox One's with Secure NAT will work fine for some games, but other games you will NEVER get both connected without Full Cone. Glad to see some newer routers finding the option again!

AX88U is in my near future.
What annoyed me was that Netgear had it by default and Asus being more advanced did not, you are very much welcome I have and Xbox One X, 360 and og Xbox so I know the pain, especially when I had two copies of black ops 3 going on pc and my cousin used to visit and use my spare pc.

Pm me and I'll add you as a friend on Xbox.