What's new

Open VPN Client upload / download swapped AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LongTallTim

New Around Here
When using Open VPN Client on AC68U the upload and download are swapped over. This causes mostly confusion for statistics but can also create mysterious problems. I only discovered this when setting up the VPN and manually set the up/down bandwidth in 'Adaptive Qos / QoS / Bandwidth Setting'. I couldn't work out why the VPN download was throttling at 1Mbit when it should've been 16Mbit. The stars aligned when reverting to 'Automatic Setting' and full speed returned.

Upon checking 'Adaptive QoS / Bandwidth Monitor' my Upload Bandwidth guage was topping out around 20M and Download hovering around 1M. After directing all trafic through the normal LAN instead of VPN the Upload showed 1M and Download 20M as originally expected. In 'Traffic Analyser / Statistic' upload and download are also swapped for the VPN.

This has been the case for the last few updates of the firmware, currently using 384.5. As already stated it's mostly confusing as everything seems to otherwise work, it's just a bit mixed up. Or down.