What's new

OpenVPN and Asus RT-AC86U doesn´t work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ce25a309e4150acc285b7d20fd969686.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

That option does not exist on the RT-AC86U.

That option does not exist on the RT-AC86U.
Hi buddy :)

Any ideas on what's going on ? have i missed a simple trick somehwere?
new router > quick setup > google DNS added > vpn server added> fast download > slow upload.
ipvanish is fast via PC for same server.

router is fast upload when VPN disabled?

Just as a test i setup a L2TP and it's working perfectly for both speeds on download and upload. In terms of trying to resolve this, should i bother or just use L2TP ? is it as safe as OpenVPN?

Last edited:
You're right. Sorry it was my mistakes, i have booth Router and AC86 doesn't have it. OpenVPN is safer then L2TP. Google DNS? Are you crazy? [emoji16] It doesn't help, when you use an OpenVPN Service to hide your data and give Google your visited Websites [emoji6]

You're right. Sorry it was my mistakes, i have booth Router and AC86 doesn't have it. OpenVPN is safer then L2TP. Google DNS? Are you crazy? [emoji16] It doesn't help, when you use an OpenVPN Service to hide your data and give Google your visited Websites [emoji6]

I tried to use the IPVanish public DNS settings but they didn't work ? :( so used Google DNS ones as some others had said, is this bad

Why to use an alternative DNS? Use your default without any entry. I think IPvanish support to forward your DNS by it self.

Why to use an alternative DNS? Use your default without any entry. I think IPvanish support to forward your DNS by it self.

When it's left to automatic it doesn't work for me, hence i did some digging and people said i needed to specify my own DNS server and others had used Google , my networking is very limited but i can confirm without something in the DNS box, nothing works.

Its very Dangerous to use DNS from Google. You can Post all your visited Websites by Facebook, its the same [emoji16]
You can save your money for IPvanish. With your DNS settings, its the same like without OpenVPN. Maybe something is wrong with you DNS forwarding. Tried to set to exklusive?

Its very Dangerous to use DNS from Google. You can Post all your visited Websites by Facebook, its the same [emoji16]
You can save your money for IPvanish. With your DNS settings, its the same like without OpenVPN. Maybe something is wrong with you DNS forwarding. Tried to set to exklusive?

Where will i find that setting ? can't find it

Add this to your configuration:

Code:
pull-filter ignore "ifconfig-ipv6"
pull-filter ignore "route-ipv6"

EDIT: fixed typo.
I've been looking and looking for a solution to my OVPN service provider "forcing" me to use IPV6 and me not being able to use YazFi with IPV6. This little snippet fixed it totally.
Thank you for an oldie but an goldie. They want me to use Wireguard instead.