What's new

openvpn cannot reach server subnet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

djrm

Regular Contributor
Hi everyone,
I have configured openvpn in 2 asus routers and I got them connected, however I cannot reach the server subnet from the openvpn client router (i.e. Im able to ping the server router with the vpn ip 10.9.0.1, but cannot to 192.168.150.1)
This is the setup:

Openvpn server:
AC86u Merlin 384.4
Subnet 192.168.150.0
vpn subnet: 10.9.0.0
TUN
push lan to clients enabled
client-client enabled

Openvpn client
GT5300
Subnet 192.168.1.0

Is there any extra config I should do to allow access to the server subnet?

Thanks

Just a quick update.... Setting up the openvpn client in an ubuntu desktop instead the GT5300, Im able to reach the server subnet, so it seems that something should we added to the GT5300 to get this working...

My suggestion is to crosscheck your settings with mine because for me, ~almost~ all the things are working now.
ok, thanks, but settings on server seems to be ok as if I set the client in an ubuntu machine I can access properly to the server subnet. The problem is just with the client set on the GT5300, so I guest something like a route or similar should be added there to reach the server subnet instead the vpn subnet only.