What's new

OpenVPN client and traffic bypass

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ykurganov

New Around Here
At first, I'm not a Merlin user yet. But I think about that...
I've got an OpenVPN error on the original Asuswrt:

Jul 6 01:05:45 openvpn[17462]: [ru8.nordvpn.com] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]94.242.62.132:443
Jul 6 01:05:47 openvpn[17462]: SENT CONTROL [ru8.nordvpn.com]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)
Jul 6 01:05:47 openvpn[17462]: AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED
Jul 6 01:05:47 openvpn[17462]: SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

And router pass all traffic through unsafe channels after that! And I don't know about that. I think ASUS don't worry about private data leaks...
By the way, the second connection attempt to NordVPN is always succeeded. But router doesn't do it.

My question is not about solution. It's more general.

Does Merlin provide magic checkbox named "No Internet if VPN is not connected"?
Or even better "No Internet if VPN is unexpectedly disconnected".
And spinbox "Connection retries" + "Timeout between retries" regardless of the reason?
Or maybe you plan to provide this option?

I contacted with ASUS Russian department and got an answer like this: "No. Asus doesn't positioning this router as VPN-router. VPN is additional functional".
Another words, it's a toy.

Does Merlin provide magic checkbox named "No Internet if VPN is not connected"?
Or even better "No Internet if VPN is unexpectedly disconnected".

Yes - Blocked routed clients if the tunnel goes down is the option you're after.

And there is another option for number of retries. "Connection retries"

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!