What's new

OpenVPN client comes on randomly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rathmannm

New Around Here
Hi,

I have an ASUS RT-N66U running with the latest firmware version 380.65.

Awhile back I configured an OpenVPN client but I am not using it all the time as with it my connection speed is significantly lower. The problem I have is that when I turn the client off in the router settings it gets randomly switched back on again. I usually notice when my connection is slow and I log on to the router and see under OpenVPN Client 1 the status is on again.

Is there a way to completely delete the client settings including the uploaded .ovpn file to stop this from happening? Has anyone else got this issue? I've experienced this with a few firmware versions back already so it's not a bug that has recently been introduced...

Thanks,
Manuel

Go down a few lines from the On/Off slider and check that 'Start with WAN' is set to No....

Cheers John - it was indeed set to "Yes" so I have changed it now. Still strange though as wouldn't this suggest my WAN connection drops occasionally which I am not aware of?

Cheers John - it was indeed set to "Yes" so I have changed it now. Still strange though as wouldn't this suggest my WAN connection drops occasionally which I am not aware of?
Could be drops, but changing some of the settings via the gui will also cause a restart of the WAN.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!