1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

OpenVPN Client performance of NetGate SG-1100 (or ESPRESSObin v7 in general)

Discussion in 'VPN' started by PeteyNice, Feb 12, 2019.

1. PeteyNice

PeteyNice New Around Here

I know the SG-1100 is pretty new, but does anyone have any insight into its OpenVPN client performance? I am getting tired of the weak performance of my consumer router (I am lucky to get 10Mbit on my 100 Mbit connection.) and this seems like a good fit if the performance is right. Thanks!

2. sfx2000

sfx2000 Part of the Furniture

Not sure how pfSense will do...

on linux with an early revision of the board - clocking at 1GHz, 70Mbit/Sec was doable over OpenVPN

Info is pretty sparse on numbers for V7 and pfSense - so your mileage may vary - also will depend on what packages you install, as some of them can be CPU intensive.

Keep in mind that the CPU is a dual core Cortex-A53, so one can get CPU bound...