What's new

OpenVPN Multiple client problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

archiel

Very Senior Member
I am running 384.7_2 on a RT-AC87U, using NordVPN to setup specific VPNs for particular devices (VPN1 to xxx.xxx.xxx.100, VPN2 to xxx.xxx.xxx.200). The VPNs are setup using Exclusive DNS and Strict Policy rules.

If I just connect one VPN everything is fine. If I connect the second then all traffic for all devices is routed through a VPN; the traffic for second VPN connection goes through the specified VPN, but all other traffic goes though the first VPN connection. It does not matter which order I start the VPNs. As soon as I disconnect one VPN (either) the situation returns to normal.

I have tried adding the WAN interface to the routing rules (both VPN) and connecting to the VPN provider using the same VPN server and different servers - this does not make any difference.

Has anyone else come across this or have any ideas what I can try next?

Configure one as UDP and the other as TCP. Then you don't have conflicts with local ip's given by nordvpn, and that's probably the issue.

Thank you - that worked perfectly. As long as I don't need a third VPN in the future I should be fine :)