What's new

OpenVPN multiple instance client routing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JT Strickland

Very Senior Member
Is there any advantage to have multiple instances for OpenVPN clients, or is it a waste of resources?
I realize one may want different servers for geographical considerations, but what about to the same server?
For instance, a higher use client such as a television stream as opposed to a PC?
thanks,
jts

It appears I've asked a question that is too difficult to answer, or one that is too rudimentary to acknowledge. I suspect it's the latter.
If I've offended any one, I apologize.

Connecting multiple times to the same server is pointless, and will actually create a conflict. Only connect one client.

Connecting multiple times to the same server is pointless, and will actually create a conflict. Only connect one client.
Thank you. I am sorry that you had to take out of your time to answer probably a stupid question, but I didn't know. I got to thinking it may be faster, but was wrong.
thanks again,
jts