What's new

OpenVPN on phone connects to LAN but cannot access file server.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JuanD

New Around Here
I have an android phone w/ openvpn connect on it and a laptop PC running openvpn windows client. My home router is an asus router w/ stock software running openvpn server. I have successfully connected from my laptop connected through my phone's data connection and can navigate to my file server running freenas. I also show a successful vpn connection on my phone when I try to connect from the openvpn connect app, but i am unable to navigate to my file server.

Anyone have any ideas of why my laptop works successfully but my phone cannot find my file server?

Thanks.
DaveD

Maybe try a different file/network app?

Maybe try a different file/network app?
Wow! When I read your reply I thought "that doesn't make any sense, my android file manager works fine when connected to my LAN, why wouldn't it work via the VPN?". But it was simple enough to test, and a different android file manager had no trouble accessing my LAN via VPN. It works. Thanks for the easy solution.

DaveD