What's new

OpenVPN port troubles AC68

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pIGnaChI

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
I had a perfectly working OpenVPN setup on tun, a custom udp port and Asus dyndns on my AC68. Today suddenly clients failed to connect. The only time I am able to connect is with the default 1194 udp port which I want to avoid because of spammers. I experimented with numerous other ports but clients never even reach the router and there is nothing in the system logs.
Again, it was perfectly working just a couple of days ago on a non-default port. Updating the firmware and restarting the router did nothing. I am on stock firmware, not Merlin's.
To me it seems like a firewall issue but I am not sure whether it is the router's or the one on Asus' dyndns server.
Any ideas?

test it with IP instead of your-asuscomm to see if their servers have any impact to it (wont think so).

Well, afterall it turned out to be the university firewall. They block any non-standard port above 1024. What UDP port below 1024 would you suggest I use?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!