What's new

Openvpn selective routing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Janusz Fornal

New Around Here
I want split openvpn for hbogo.pl and redirect to wan for my samsung tv. Is there any simple solution for this? Im new owner of asus 86u and just installed merlin fw.

While the answer to your question has been posted in great detail I just wonder if it is worth it for a Smart TV?

The reason why I wonder is that today most streaming services have gotten pretty good at detecting VPNs and blocking them from accessing their content. That being the case, what are you gaining by routing your TV through the VPN tunnel and then setting up routing tables that will route HBO to your TV through the WAN when in fact you will need to do the same for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney, Apple TV etc.?

Why not just route your entire TV through the WAN and be done with it? You can use policy based routing to connect other selected devices to your VPN client.

Perhaps you have a special use case for your TV that makes split routing the way to go, but if you are just going to use it to watch TV and stream videos why bother?

Now if you were going to watch TV on a PC then split routing would be the way to go. This is just my opinion and I'm sure someone can jump in and point out the advantages of split routing in your use case is the way to go.