What's new

OpenVPN Server and Client at the same time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

verkehrsminister

New Around Here
Hello

i have installed a OpenVPN client to connect to my provider. i m always connected to the provider.

is it possible to setup a OpenVPN server and to connect from outside to the router, during the router is connected to the openvpn provider?

does somebody know what i have to do?

greetz Dave

Hello

i have installed a OpenVPN client to connect to my provider. i m always connected to the provider.

is it possible to setup a OpenVPN server and to connect from outside to the router, during the router is connected to the openvpn provider?

does somebody know what i have to do?

greetz Dave

Client and Server configurations are separate, and you should be able to have both working at the same time, unless your outbound tunnel is causing some weird routing issues.

Hello

no i have setup the OpenVPN Server and OpenVPN Client on my Router. I can connect from the roadwarrior (Tablet) to the router. I can connect the router to my OpenVPN provider. BUT if the the router is connected to my OpenVPN provider (Astrill) i have no access with the roadwarrior (Tablet via OpenVPN).

How can i check this problem?

I don't think you can have the client route all traffic through a tunnel while having an inbound connection to your own server - there would be a routing issue when the router tries to send back outbound traffic to the Roadwarrior client.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!