OpenVPN server blocked each time after WAN settings are saved

Olivier31000

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I am using Asus Merlin firmware for years now. Always working really well !

I am facing an issue using Asus RT AX86S with 386.7_2 (but I think it was similar with 386.7).

Everytime I save the settings in the WAN configuration page, the openVPN servers are blocked with the attached message of initialization in progress (that never end):

A reboot save the issue and the VPN is stable when I do not modify the router settings
I have observed this on different router I own (one of them is new and freshly configured so it does not seem to be a problem related to a bad/dirty configuration).

Do you know about this issue ?

EDIT: I do not know if it plays a role but to help: jffs is enabled (I just say that because I have seen that when I enabled it during configuration it renewed the openvpn certificates)

Thank you !

octopus

Part of the Furniture
Hi,

I am using Asus Merlin firmware for years now. Always working really well !

I am facing an issue using Asus RT AX86S with 386.7_2 (but I think it was similar with 386.7).

Everytime I save the settings in the WAN configuration page, the openVPN servers are blocked with the attached message of initialization in progress (that never end):

A reboot save the issue and the VPN is stable when I do not modify the router settings
I have observed this on different router I own (one of them is new and freshly configured so it does not seem to be a problem related to a bad/dirty configuration).

Do you know about this issue ?

EDIT: I do not know if it plays a role but to help: jffs is enabled (I just say that because I have seen that when I enabled it during configuration it renewed the openvpn certificates)

Thank you !
No need to double post, One is enough.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/o...each-time-after-wan-settings-are-saved.80102/

octopus

Part of the Furniture
Yes it was in the bad section but I could not find how to delete a post... sorry
You can always use delete button att right of "report" button.

Olivier31000

Occasional Visitor
For your information:

- I tried the same configuration on an RT AC86U and no issue on openvpn servers after the wan configuration page is saved
- I checked again on my two configurations which are using RT AX86S and I still have the issue.

Is it the right place to report a bug ?

Olivier31000

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

To be honest, I am not sure it will correct the issue.

I have 4 configurations running under Asus WRT Merlin:
- RT AC5300
- RT AC86U
- RT AX86S
- RT AX86S

All are fresh configurations, factory reset, setup manually (not upload of configuration file) with similar configurations. All are running with latest firmware 386.7_2

RT AC5300 and RT AC86U do not have the issue
Both RT AX86S configurations have the issue.

Since I have the issue on 2 different RT AX86S both configured from factory default and not on the 2 other conf which are similar, I think it is a real issue. :)

Are there some logs I could share ?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!