What's new

OpenVPN Server configuration override

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FredTheFrog

Occasional Visitor
There are quite a number of articles (many of them outdated) on configuring OpenVPN, but most of them are about configuring the router as an OpenVPN client to a commercial OpenVPN server/service. I want to configure OpenVPN on my Merlin RT-AC86U as a server, to allow securely remoting into my home LAN. I previously had OpenVPN running on DD-WRT, but am still learning Merlin. Can I override the default server certificate, private key, and other configuration files? Is it as simple as placing them in /jffs/configs/ somewhere? Any and all URL pointers to FAQs or existing Merlin (not OpenVPN) documentation will be greatly appreciated.

Just started clean with an empty directory beneath OpenVPN/easy-rsa. Will try again, following that page. I must have missed/skipped something, somewhere. Thanks, Colin!

Yup, starting from scratch, insuring consistent copy/paste operations, and now it's working.
Thanks for the support, Colin!! :D