What's new

OpenVPN Server Does Not Allow Client to Access WiFi Devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mike S

Regular Contributor
I have an RT-AC68U router running Asuswrt Merlin configured as an OpenVPN server. I have another RT-AC68U at a different location with an OpenVPN client configured to connect to the remote router VPN server.

Everything works fine, except that the client can not access any devices connect to the server router via WiFi. I have configured the server as LAN only as well as BOTH. Neither configuration lets me ping WiFi connected devices from the client network.

Am I missing something?

I would check vpn server advanced settings at the bottom
Manage client specific options - yes
allow client <->client - yes

I have an RT-AC68U router running Asuswrt Merlin configured as an OpenVPN server. I have another RT-AC68U at a different location with an OpenVPN client configured to connect to the remote router VPN server.

Everything works fine, except that the client can not access any devices connect to the server router via WiFi. I have configured the server as LAN only as well as BOTH. Neither configuration lets me ping WiFi connected devices from the client network.

Am I missing something?
Not sure what I did, but everything is working properly now.