What's new

OpenVPN Server issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Siraj M

New Around Here
I have setup openvpn server on RT-AX55. I used to get speed around 50Mbps download and 50Mbps upload. Later I have seen this thread https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...beta-for-ipv6-ddns-and-ipv6-vpn-server.75829/ and installed firmware provided in link. After firware update i could not access router webinterface so done hard reset and updated to lastest available official firmware and setup openVPN server again. Now download speed is around 30mbps and upload speed is 50Mbps. Why did I loose 20Mbps?
I have 250mbps download and 100mbps upload from ISP.

Last edited:
I'm stuck at why you decided to load year and a half old beta firmware on to your router??!? I would suggest doing a factory reset and a manual configuration. You need to do the factory reset after installing the new firmware. I suspect some remnants got carried over from the beta firmware that you had installed.

I'm stuck at why you decided to load year and a half old beta firmware on to your router??!? I would suggest doing a factory reset and a manual configuration. You need to do the factory reset after installing the new firmware. I suspect some remnants got carried over from the beta firmware that you had installed.
I wanted to try wireguard VPN as RT AX-55 didn't had it for official firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_50460 and I was stupid not see the date when it was uploaded. As mentioned earlier I could not access webinterface(nethier 192.168.50.1 even though ipconfig cmd showed IP gateway was 192.168.50.1) I have done factory reset and reinstalled official firmware 3.0.0.4.386_50460 and found that download speed reduced to 30Mbps (earlier 50Mbps) on openVPN server.
I have done factory reset from official firmware version 3.0.0.4,386_50460 but still firmware remained the same 3.0.0,4.386_50460 after reset and only setting were gone. I went ahead and done manual configuration but problem still remained the same 30Mbps download speed.
What can I do to make router as on the day when i bought it, like remove all settings, firmware and everything?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!