1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

OpenVPN server routes all traffic through VPN even if LAN only option is selected

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by dolhastelian, May 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. dolhastelian

dolhastelian New Around Here

Router: Asus AC68U
    FW: 384.11.2
    VPN Server: OpenVPN, Server 1

Settings, under Basic configuration
    Client will use VPN to access: LAN only is selected

Checking this configuration with wireshark on the client side shows that ALL internet traffic is routed through the VPN server, not only local access.

Is this a known bug?
    Did someone manage to make it work?

Thank you,

2. martinr

martinr Very Senior Member

What do you get if you select Internet Only? Do you fail to connect to the Internet?

3. martinr

martinr Very Senior Member

I’ve forgotten how to use Wireshark so I can’t replicate. I use Diversion and Skynet, and, if I have LAN Only set, Whatsmyip.org gives me the expected result: NOT my home IP address; however, I can see that there are no ads, so somehow Diversion is processing the data.

Nevertheless, on Internet Only, I cannot access the Internet. I have to se it to Both to get the Internet.

RT-AC68U on 384.9

And welcome to the forum