What's new

openvpn server side

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alanbridgestone

Occasional Visitor
In the my old Merlin vpn software running on my old n66U I had the following parameters configured in the vpn definition

route 192.168.220.0 255.255.255.0
push "route 192.168.220.0 255.255.255.0"

that allowed me to access the router of the provide which is configured in dmz with the asus when I was connecting with my VPN client. Now this does not work any longer.

The topology is wan-> provider router local ip 192.168.220.1 -> dmz -> Asus

With my new AX56U the same configuration does not work any longer.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Sounds like you have access set to LAN only on the OpenVPN server, but access upstream to the 192.168.220.0/24 network is only accessible over the WAN (even it's internal and not directly exposed to the internet), so you need to enable internet access as well.

I've seen this problem before, and I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be better for @RMerlin to label the options "LAN only, WAN only, or Both". Would probably clear up the confusion. (or maybe internet only might include an active OpenVPN client as well, not sure)

Last edited:
Sounds like you have access set to LAN only on the OpenVPN server, but access upstream to the 192.168.220.0/24 network is only accessible over the WAN (even it's internal and not directly exposed to the internet), so you need to enable internet access as well.

I've seen this problem before, and I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be better for @RMerlin to label the options "LAN only, WAN only, or Both". Would probably clear up the confusion. (or maybe internet only might include an active OpenVPN client as well, not sure)
True but why before it was working and now it is not working ?