What's new

OpenVPN Server with MAC (3.84.19)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

systematic

Regular Contributor
Anyone ever seen an issue after configuring an OpenVPN Server where the OpenVPN Client v3 software just constantly spins and times out.

Here's the trippy part. The VPN configuration file was imported into TUNNELBLICK (a different client software) and it works. Meaning, I can establish a connection to the VPN server fine via TUNNELBLICK ONLY.

Any ideas why the OVPN Client V3 doesn't work whereas TUNNELBLICK does?

Last edited:
Don't post huge swathes of log entries into the body of a post. Attach it as a file or upload it to pastebin.com and provide a link to it. If the number of lines is relatively small enclose them in a CODE block

Thanks Colin. Appreciate the response. I will make sure I refrain from doing that in the future.

Any ideas why OpenVPN client software doesn't work? Anything i need to change within the client settings or on the router side?

Any ideas why OpenVPN client software doesn't work? Anything i need to change within the client settings or on the router side?
Sorry, no idea because I didn't read it. My brain can't process text that's spread out over 16 pages in my browser.

There's no real clues in the client log file. You'll have to look at the server logs.

Log into the router and go to System Log - General Log. You should see various messages when you try to connect.