What's new

OpenVPN Server1 shows off in the GUI when started via command line

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GSpock

Hi all,
when I start the OpenVPN Server1 via command line (service start_vpnserver1), it show as correctly running in the status screen but off in the VPN Server tab.
Any ideas ?
Thx,
GS

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-03-23 100421.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2022-03-23 100421.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Capture d’écran 2022-03-23 100444.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2022-03-23 100444.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Use: service start_vpnserver1
service stop_vpnserver1

Use: service start_vpnserver1
service stop_vpnserver1
this is what I used, there was a typo in OP. Anyway, as said, it shows "running" on the status tab while "off" in the VPN tab (see attached in OP) ... and it is actually running.

this is what I used, there was a typo in OP. Anyway, as said, it shows "running" on the status tab while "off" in the VPN tab (see attached in OP) ... and it is actually running.
Check you logg for vpnserver errors.

Check you logg for vpnserver errors.
There is no error ! the server is running correctly and I can connect to it.
I suspect simply a bug in the GUI ..... the GUI should show the details in the VPN Tab.

Ok open webbrowser and look for errors (konsol) F12 in Firefox.

Hi all,
when I start the OpenVPN Server1 via command line (service start_vpnserver1), it show as correctly running in the status screen but off in the VPN Server tab.
Any ideas ?
Thx,
GS
The GUI button is correct because it's showing what the user's "desired" state of the VPN server is, not it's current state. The current state is shown on the Status page.

You can manually start or stop the VPN server from the command line (which is a temporary change) but you wouldn't want that to make a permanent change what you've configured in the GUI.

The GUI button is correct because it's showing what the user's "desired" state of the VPN server is, not it's current state. The current state is shown on the Status page.

You can manually start or stop the VPN server from the command line (which is a temporary change) but you wouldn't want that to make a permanent change what you've configured in the GUI.
... in this case my "desire" is to see the details on the VPN Server tab since it is running. Anyway thanks for your answer, now I understand the "logic" behind those screens and how they are (un)related.
GS

PS: and as expected, this has nothing to do with the browser itself, behavior being the same in Edge, Chrome etc ...