What's new

OpenVPN settings not saved

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Teeo

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

Thank u Merlin for your exelent work with asus firmware.

I have installed 3.0.0.4.220.17 and set up the OpenVPN server. Clients can connect and all seems ok so far.
I have one problem. The server setting "Start with WAN" does not get saved.
After installing the new firmware I have done a "factory reset".
Is this a known issue?

Hello,

Thank u Merlin for your exelent work with asus firmware.

I have installed 3.0.0.4.220.17 and set up the OpenVPN server. Clients can connect and all seems ok so far.
I have one problem. The server setting "Start with WAN" does not get saved.
After installing the new firmware I have done a "factory reset".
Is this a known issue?

I thought I had fixed that one, looks like a typo slipped in.

Do it through telnet:

nvram set vpn_serverx_eas="1,"
or
nvram set vpn_clientx_eas="1,"

thanx. that worked.

looks like "Respond to DNS" and "Advertise DNS to clients" also have the same problem.

Respond to DNS is suffering from the same issue (long story short: this is due to how Asus handles multiple units in settings handling - these two settings should not be handled as multi-unit settings, as they are global to both units).

I'll fix those reported issues during the week and get a bugfix release out near the weekend. Thanks for the report!

not to hijack the OP but I am having issue to turn on "Service state" under OpenVPN Server Setting tab. When I slide it to ON, it shows "preceding" and then when it is back to the screen, the "Service state" remains off. I have telnet'ed and run - nvram set vpn_serverx_eas="1,"
keys and such were input per RMerlin's Wiki link from other post.

not to hijack the OP but I am having issue to turn on "Service state" under OpenVPN Server Setting tab. When I slide it to ON, it shows "preceding" and then when it is back to the screen, the "Service state" remains off. I have telnet'ed and run - nvram set vpn_serverx_eas="1,"
keys and such were input per RMerlin's Wiki link from other post.

Those are two different things. The On/Off slider is for starting it immediately - and it won't start if it's not properly configured. The eax setting is for starting at the same time as Wan (the other option underneath the slider), that's the one that's broken in build 220.17.