What's new

OpenVPN Static Client via ExpressVPN. No IPv4 connection.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JSRF_Retro

New Around Here
I'm having difficulties when enabling VPN using OpenVPN selected client with the device selected. Manually adding client to use vpn with given static IP. IPv4 loses connectivity for that specified device, yet if I ONLY use the PPTP with my opvn credentials. All works perfectly fine for the entire network. But this is not what I want, since is the reasoning for installing merlin, to do a per device VPN and not the entire household. As seen in the screenshot, connection is established and a virtual IP is acquired. Just when trying to use a specified static IP, no connection IPv4 is working, but IPv6 works perfectly fine. As i'm actually using IPv6 right now, whiel using the enabled OpenVPN on the desktop(using desktop for testing). What could be the problem for losing IPv4 using OpenVPN but not PPTP? I've tried with "inbound firewall" block and allow as well, just to test. Neither option helped with the problem.

Attachments

• expressvpn.png
    expressvpn.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 161