What's new

OpenVPN & Two VPN Tabs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HawkInOz

Regular Contributor
I have OpenVPN working perfectly on my RT-N66U with Merlin's .23b firmware. I would like to disable any unnecessary items on the VPN Server and VPN Details tabs, if not required for OpenVPN to be fully functional.

Specifically, can I set "Enable PPTP Server" to "No" on the VPN Server tab, and can I uncheck any or all of the boxes next to "MPPE Encryption" on the VPN Details tab?

Thank you!

I have OpenVPN working perfectly on my RT-N66U with Merlin's .23b firmware. I would like to disable any unnecessary items on the VPN Server and VPN Details tabs, if not required for OpenVPN to be fully functional.

Specifically, can I set "Enable PPTP Server" to "No" on the VPN Server tab, and can I uncheck any or all of the boxes next to "MPPE Encryption" on the VPN Details tab?

Thank you!

Turning off the option of a disabled VPN service will not do anything at all, beside write a "0" instead of a "1" into nvram. There is no point in disabling every PPTP options if PPTP itself is kept disabled.

Turning off the option of a disabled VPN service will not do anything at all, beside write a "0" instead of a "1" into nvram. There is no point in disabling every PPTP options if PPTP itself is kept disabled.

So, are you saying to go ahead and set "Enable PPTP Server" to "No" on the VPN Server tab - and that's all I need to do? It would seem that I would need to at least do that to disable the PPTP Server from running in addition to the OpenVPN Server, as indicated on the VPN Status tab. And to clarify, this will have absolutely no effect on the OpenVPN server?

Thanks.