What's new

OpenWrt and/or Win 7 username/password issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

videobruce

Occasional Visitor
That's the best way to summarize the problem.
The Media Player is a Zidoo x10 that uses OpenWrt for the interface for the LAN, (not WAN from what I understand from others). I can access the HDD on the X10 from a Win 7 PC, but I can't login due to a username and/or password issue.
I can access the Win 7 PC from the X10 with absolutely NO username/password issue using 'X-plore' (Android Explorer type program).
Based on M$'s typical lame error messages which usually are wrong/don't tell you anything, I think it's a O/S-Network issue but I don't know what or where.
The PW & username is correct that I assigned to OpenWRT and I don't believe there was/is any other username/password assigned to the box itself.

Note; I can access up to the HDD name in the x10 'sda1'.

Any ideas here from any Windows Networking experts?

Attachments

• Network Zidoo share password needed-vert.png
    Network Zidoo share password needed-vert.png
    220 KB · Views: 148
Check the Samba > General Settings and make sure you have ticked the "Allow guests" box for the share. There shouldn't be a need to type any username or password.

VB1 is the name of the PC, Windows lists it that way. I have no control over that.

All the entries for sda1 have guests listed as 'yes'.

I was wondering about that. I did see someone else's screen shot of that and he had 2 identical entries.

Attachments

• Samba sda1 drive entries.JPG
    Samba sda1 drive entries.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 139
That doesn't look right. Is sda1 removable storage perhaps? So that each time a different device is inserted it gets sda1 even though the UUID is different.

I would delete all those entries, reboot the device and see if you've got just one entry.

EDIT: You might have multiple entries because there are multiple users each with different access rights. I'd still set it up from scratch though.

Last edited:
sda1 is a 3TB HDD.
The only other removable media is a USB flash drive, but I've never saw it listed there, but I never looked for it either.

There is a Micro SD card default for the O/S as local storage. That is never removed.

I'm the only "user", I just listed two for a buffer of sorts. here is the log in page.

Attachments

• OpenWrt Login screen.JPG
    OpenWrt Login screen.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 131
VB1 is the name of the PC, Windows lists it that way. I have no control over that.

All the entries for sda1 have guests listed as 'yes'.
On my windows machines that means a domain name VB1. Windows is trying to find a domain controller to validate the login.

I deleted all 3 entries, rebooted and it found the drive x1. I went to the PC and BANG, back in business. Someone tell me why that action fix the problem and why wasnthere a probelm and why it manifested itself as what it did which really had nothing to do with the probelm (as usual)??

Attachments

• PC access sda1 directory.png
    PC access sda1 directory.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited: