What's new

OpenWRT not working as wireless repeater bridge on Netgear WGR614L

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

T

tufani

Hi ,

I have flashed my wgr614l with openwrt firmware .

I have tested it for wireless client bridge mode and it is working fine but I am not able to configure it as a repeater bridge.

I have edited the file "etc/config/wireless" as follows :

config wifi-device wl0
option type broadcom
option channel 5

# REMOVE THIS LINE TO ENABLE WIFI:

config wifi-iface
option device wl0
option network lan
option mode sta
option ssid home_test
option encryption none

config wifi-iface
option device wl0
option mode ap
option ssid OpenWrt
option encryption none

Now if I scan for avlbl APs for a wireless client , it shows OpenWrt as one of the SSIDs but I am not able to connect any station with this AP.

Could any body plz tell me if this feature is supported in OpenWRT and if yes where I am making mistake .

Thanks in advance,

Please check if you have enabled options related with natting in your configuration or not ..
I had the same problem but when I enabled natting and other related stuff .. I was able to configure my NetgearWGR614L as repeater bridge and it works fine ...
You also need to edit the file /etc/config/firewall and make some forwarding options ACCEPT ....
hopefully it will work ... do keep us posted about ur proceedings ....

thnx for your input ....
After enbling the NAT related options and editting some configuration files I am able to configure my NetgearWGR614L as wireless repeater bridge using OpenWRT firmware ...
It is working great in both repeater and client modes ....