What's new

Oplock break failed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

venomo160

New Around Here
I have a couple of hard drives connected to my RT-AC86U. These hard drives act as NAS for the Plex Server on Nvidia Shield. Since the firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.81049 (released on 05-09-2019), I randomly get the message below in the router log whenever Plex needs to play a file: "Oplock break failed for file ....". I have tried multiple firmware releases since then, including the most recent one (Version 3.0.0.4.384.82072). All of them give me the same error, and my only solution is to revert to Version 3.0.0.4.384.45717, which is not ideal.

Does anyone know what causes this error message? because whenever it appears in the log, it takes file a very long time to open, so it's not just one of those commands in the log that I can ignore.

I added the latest Merlin firmware onto the router and set the SMB version to 1 only. This appears to have solved the problem. But thanks for the info above. Really helpful.

Question: is that smb.conf on the last line different to what I did in the firmware?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!