What's new

Optimal Settings for Asus RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bharathwaj

New Around Here
I bought the Asus RT-AC68U and I have been loving the features which are in the module. I had the following questions.

1. Can anyone give the set of optimal settings for the router?
2.Do we keep the channel selection and the channel bandwidth selection to the router or do we specify it? I saw that if we choose say 40mhz to 20mhz, it reduces the range of the router and stuff.
3. Is it safe to keep the transmission power to 200mW instead of the default 60mW?
4. How do we use the itunes server? Is there a place I can find how to use it?
5. Does Asus have any software which we can use to backup our files to the hard drive connected to the router?

I bought the Asus RT-AC68U and I have been loving the features which are in the module. I had the following questions.

1. Can anyone give the set of optimal settings for the router?
First you should use the default settings, then you should go back to default and as third option you should use... But now you got it, right? :rolleyes:
2.Do we keep the channel selection and the channel bandwidth selection to the router or do we specify it? I saw that if we choose say 40mhz to 20mhz, it reduces the range of the router and stuff.
There are many (and long) discussions on 20 MHz vs. 40 MHz in the forum. The conclusion is simple: If you have other WLANs in your area, you should stay with 20 MHz and us the less crouded channel.
3. Is it safe to keep the transmission power to 200mW instead of the default 60mW?
Yes, any power setting is safe. The router will anyway manage the power dynamically based on the regualtory definitions in your country and the need to reach the clients (e.g. via beamforming and power saving feature).
No idea as I am not using Apple suff at all...
5. Does Asus have any software which we can use to backup our files to the hard drive connected to the router?
No, not that I am aware. You need to do backups yourself (with tools you choose).

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Itunes

My experience with iTunes on a NAS is that it doesn't work very well… Sorry I know its not really a good answer..

Hi,

its simple,

- connect external HDD to AC68
- create folder XY and put all your music there
- start itunes server - it will auto scan all music
- connect by itunes to shared server and PLAYYYYY