Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Option to Disable 5 GHz U-NII-3 Channels in Auto Mode

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by aharderharmony, Sep 25, 2017.

1. aharderharmony

aharderharmony New Around Here

Hi,

First, thank you for all your work on this firmware.

I have a RT-A87U / R and apple devices, in an apartment with many neighbors. I would love to use auto control channel setting on the 5 GHz band but Apple devices, especially my iMac, do not play nicely with U-NII-3 band channels (frequent disconnects). Instead I manually pick the least used U-NII-1 band channel but since my neighbors are all using auto channel selection I have to change it often. If there were a way to disable U-NII-3 band channels in Asuswrt, I would be able to use both auto and only U-NII-1 channels.

Would this be a feature that could be added to a future version? Surely I am not the only Asuswrt-Merlin user with Apple devices that has experienced unstable connections on U-NII-3. I hope this could help other users as well.

2. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

Wifi code is closed source, and outside of my control.

3. aharderharmony

aharderharmony New Around Here

Ah, bummer. Well thank you for the response!