What's new

Optionally save traffic stats to disk - But how ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SP2005

Occasional Visitor
Looking at this page about features:
https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/features

I can see this "Optionally save traffic stats to disk (USB or JFFS partition)". Does it mean that I can download the statistic for datause onto a USB ? and how can I do this ? I tried to plugin a USB-HD to my router, but could not see any option to download the statistic.

I would really like to get access to this statistic, other than in the routers GUI.

I installed Merlin on my router yesterday, so think I have the latest version

What router model? This only applies to models released before the RT-AC86U.

Also this is for IPTraffic and Traffic Monitoring, not for Trend Micro's Traffic Analyzer.

I thought it was about the Merlin software, no matter what hardware.

My router is RT-AC68U. But I think I found something under "Tools - Other settings" It seems to be where I can save the statistics to a harddrive. Now I just have to make it work

I thought it was about the Merlin software, no matter what hardware.

Different models have different features. IPTraffic is not available on the RT-AC86U and RT-AX88U as it's incompatible with the 4.1 Linux kernel used by these two, for example.

So you say it is not possible to save the statistic information for data use, with my router ?
My router shows the statistic under "Traffic analyzer - Statistic", for each device. So I thought that is also would be able to save it to a harddisk, under "Tools - Other settings"

So you say it is not possible to save the statistic information for data use, with my router ?
My router shows the statistic under "Traffic analyzer - Statistic", for each device. So I thought that is also would be able to save it to a harddisk, under "Tools - Other settings"

No. Traffic Analyzer is generated by the closed source Trend Micro engine. Its data is stored in the JFFS partition, so it will survive through reboots, unlike Traffic Monitoring which was only kept in RAM and disappeared every reboot. I added the possibility to save it on a USB disk instead so it can survive reboots, which is what this feature is about.

Ok, now it makes sense, I hope :) Thanks :)

Under "Traffic analyzer - Statistic" I can only see data use for Top 5 clients. I would really like to see a Top 10 or maybe Top 20 or something like that. I was hoping by using Merlin and the save to harddisk function, I could see this data, but I was wrong. Is it possible some way, to see what I would like to see ?

I don't need to save the Traffic Monitor data.

Under "Traffic analyzer - Statistic" I can only see data use for Top 5 clients. I would really like to see a Top 10 or maybe Top 20 or something like that. I was hoping by using Merlin and the save to harddisk function, I could see this data, but I was wrong. Is it possible some way, to see what I would like to see

Not easily. The data is in an sqlite database, so you will need to pull the data yourself.

Different models have different features. IPTraffic is not available on the RT-AC86U and RT-AX88U as it's incompatible with the 4.1 Linux kernel used by these two, for example.
But you have an RT-AC68U and not the unsupported 86U!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!