What's new

Orbi AC3000 RBK53 suggestion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hipertec

New Around Here
I have the RBK53 1 router and 2 satalites.
My Orbi router is on one side of the house. 1st Sat is about 20ft away center house 1st floor area and the 2nd Sat is on the 2nd floor on the other end of the house.
All satalites are using wifi but I have an option to tie in 1 satalite to an ethernet port.
So my router and 1 satalite will be using ethernet wire and the center satalite is wifi.
Is this better setup for speed and reliability and back haul or should I leave it alone?

There is a second option and thats moving both satalites to the opposite side of the house (of the router), one on 1st floor and other on 2nd floor and both hardwired using ethernet wire.

Thoughts and suggestions?

My Orbi router is on one side of the house. 1st Sat is about 20ft away center house 1st floor area and the 2nd Sat is on the 2nd floor on the other end of the house.
All satalites are using wifi but I have an option to tie in 1 satalite to an ethernet port.
So my router and 1 satalite will be using ethernet wire and the center satalite is wifi.
Is this better setup for speed and reliability and back haul or should I leave it alone?

There is a second option and thats moving both satalites to the opposite side of the house (of the router), one on 1st floor and other on 2nd floor and both hardwired using ethernet wire.

Coming in cold, I like the second option, especially if you can push the upper node toward the center some to even out the WiFi overlap. The second option is all wired and the two nodes spread to the far ends on the main level will even up your perimeter/yard coverage. If too much WiFi for your space, try turning OFF the upper node.

OE

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings
Not seen on Orbi AX.

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!