What's new

Orbi Rbk40 - TP Link Deco - Traditional.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Carnagerover

Hi,

I bought a Netgear Orbi RBK40 as one of my sons room doesn’t get a great WiFi connection. I live in a 2 floor, 3 bedroom semi detached house in the U.K., it isn’t massive by any stretch of the imagination. I was also interested about the Circle integration built into the Orbi for my older son.

My previous traditional router did a good job for the most part in giving coverage to the whole house apart from one of my sons rooms. It didn’t have parental controls that were worth using, hence the Orbi thinking I could kill two birds with one stone. I have the router in the corner of my lounge where the internet enters the house. 80Mbps down and 20Mbps up, the satellite is in my sons room at the opposite end.

Here are my issues though, the circle integration has bugs, when it’s enabled even on a device that’s unfiltered the circle support site no longer loads. Also I have been having issues with webpages not fully loading images, or not loading at all, this is again on devices that are unfiltered by circle. Also my sons devices are not connecting to the satellite in his room when he is using a device in there, they hang onto the router in the lounge. I have also noticed phones going to 2.4ghz instead of switching to the sat. I fear that the Orbi has too much coverage for me to make adequate use.

This got me thinking about the deco, although again it may be too much range for my smaller house, I do like the look of the parental controls and they don’t require a monthly payment like the circles advanced option that I am currently using.

My other option is to go with a traditional router that has good range and parental controls but I’m not sure what options there are in that front.

Thanks for reading if you made it to the end.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!