What's new

Outdoor Enclosure for RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bookedirl

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I have an AX88U that I would like to put outside for for better wifi coverage in the back yard/deck. It will be about 50ft away from the house and have an outdoor rated ethernet backhaul to connect to the aimesh system. Can anyone recommend any enclosures that would fit this massive thing in? I'm thinking something like 18x18x4-5 inches is enough room for it.

Hello,

I have an AX88U that I would like to put outside for for better wifi coverage in the back yard/deck. It will be about 50ft away from the house and have an outdoor rated ethernet backhaul to connect to the aimesh system. Can anyone recommend any enclosures that would fit this massive thing in? I'm thinking something like 18x18x4-5 inches is enough room for it.

Some considerations:
o shaded/ventilated/cooled, rainproof
o power supply on same Earth ground as router
o shielded from lightning, like with a house around it
o secured... you don't want someone plugging into your LAN

OE

Some considerations:
o shaded/ventilated/cooled, rainproof
o power supply on same Earth ground as router
o shielded from lightning, like with a house around it
o secured... you don't want someone plugging into your LAN

OE
I'm planning on attaching this under the deck which is about 4ft off the ground and near an existing outdoor oulet. I would only need to run the ethernet cable. But yea, I would need a water proof enclosure that is ventilated. It would be in the shade so that would help considerably.

I'm planning on attaching this under the deck which is about 4ft off the ground and near an existing outdoor oulet. I would only need to run the ethernet cable. But yea, I would need a water proof enclosure that is ventilated. It would be in the shade so that would help considerably.

Also trial the location before final install... just to be sure it's a go there.

OE

Is an outdoor rated AP an option instead?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!